Getting to the Court
Address and Contact Information
Supreme Court of Canada
301 Wellington Street
Telephone: 613-995-5361 or 1-866-360-1522
Covid-19 safety measures
- Masks must be worn at all times while inside the building.
- If you or a member of your group has any symptom of Covid-19, please postpone your visit
- Visitors must maintain a 2-meter distance with staff at all times.
All visitors will be asked to go through a metal detector before entering the residence. In order to facilitate this process, it is recommended that visitors leave personal effects in their respective vehicles when possible. Backpacks, large bags and video recording devices are not permitted in the building.
To visit the Supreme Court of Canada when coming from Montreal take the Trans Canada highway, route 417 west. Take the Metcalfe exit, number 119. Turn right onto Kent Street and continue down Kent to Wellington, then go straight through the lights. The Supreme Court of Canada is set back from a busy Wellington Street by an expanse of lawn on your left.
There is no parking available at the Supreme Court of Canada, but a number of public and municipal lots are located nearby.
The Supreme Court of Canada is served by a number of public transit services. If you are travelling from within Ottawa, please consult OC Transpo to learn about O-Train and bus routes. Please note that the closest O-Train station is located on Lyon Street. Contact the Société de transport de l'Outaouais for routes and schedules from Gatineau.
There are drop-off areas along Wellington Street, and tour bus parking is available throughout the city.
- The Supreme Court of Canada is wheelchair accessible.
- A ramp is located at the entrance along the Eastern side of the building (facing the building, this is the entrance along the right-hand wall of the building).
- All public elevators and ramps are large enough to accommodate wheelchairs and motorized scooters.
Visually impaired visitors
To enhance the experience of our visually impaired visitors and give them a better understanding of the building, the guides use a toucharge scale model during guided tours.
A reservation must be made.
- Date modified: